Tailored solutions to meet your needs
In addition to manufacturing and providing individual pieces of equipment and complete process lines, Flavourtech can also manufacture equipment to meet specific requests or applications. Customer led insights have seen Flavourtech design and install a number of tailored solutions for clients across multiple industries. A recent example is our wine dosing system.
Wine Dosing System
Through listening to our many wine customers, Flavourtech has expanded its list of products to the wine industry by offering dosing systems for accurate in-line blending of various processing aids, components and additives to wine. This can be done for either one or many component additions.
The design scope is driven by the client’s individual requirement and will depend on how many products need to be added in-line to the wine. Pipe work, valves, instrumentation and control panels are all supplied and installed by Flavourtech. Systems are easy to use and qualified engineers ensure that operators are all trained to use the system once it is installed.
Some of the benefits of the in-line dosing system include:
- Increased accuracy of dosing as it is computer controlled. Alarm and safety measures programmed into the control panel prevent inaccurate dosing. In case of errors or low volume levels the system pauses, alarms and waits for operator commands.
- Increased efficiency through a continuous process that can operate 24 hours, seven days a week
- Reduced labour costs through automated processing
- Better control of processing with a password protected system and all additions and flows are monitored and recorded for tracking and traceability
- No stratification within the tank of dosed additives as they are added continuously as the wine is passed to the tank
- No wastage as a result of human error
- Easier CIP through automation of tank and line cleaning
- In-line analytical instruments are available for direct feedback of some components
Products that can be automatically added to wine include:
- Various base wines
- Ascorbic Acid
- Citric Acid
- Copper Sulphate
- Clarified Retentate
- Grape juice concentrates
- Sulphur Dioxide
Depending on size and complexity, some dosing system offerings are only available to Australian customers.
Contact us to learn more about our innovative technologies and how they can be applied to your industry.